Formerly Badass Horrible Poetry

This isn't just a poetry blog. Let's be honest, a lot of what I post is poetry but there are more often than not also postings about short stories. I do try to keep this blog separate from my others and post strictly creative work here. Some of it will be better than others, and much of it is in first or second draft stage when posted. These are raw works, and there will be spelling and grammar troubles at times because I use this blog to gauge what works and what doesn't. I use it as a place to get feedback. That's the reason it is "horrible". Because it's not finished-- And why should it be? We all want feedback but most of us are too afraid to put ourselves out there.

Welcome to my word.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

20 Pounds Either Way


Mine was Italian                      
.
then i seared
pounds of skin
then i plucked
        ripped
        tore
gooey cookies effervescent drinks the sound of a beer cap penning all day by the window sharing controllers around the room for hours that reenacted unlived lives on screen the heartstopping second you almost finger the remote one channel too far and miss this hour’s M*A*S*H rerun
       away
to stuff it in a stretched out garbage bag.

body on the slab
i’ll order the thin slice prosciutto
we only have ham
we don’t carry much
ethnic food
in Utah
then cut it till its thin
thin
thin enough
         thin enough?

my wishes ossified
my energy an Athenian pillar
screaming NENIKEKAMEN!
my shoulders pretended they were cheap knockoffs
of roman knockoffs
of Praxiteles
i was of a brittle marble
And hollowed out inside

i went to bed
in a guillotine so I would
not feel the
pulsing  nerve endings
severed by the pounding foot path of the treadmill
t-shirts shrouded me
a belt noosed my waist

“wow you look so gorgeous now I didn’t even know it was You”

i kissed a truffle under my tongue
savoring its healthy goo
and I vowed to
get My Body
back

©2014 Lex Vex

No comments:

Post a Comment