Formerly Badass Horrible Poetry

This isn't just a poetry blog. Let's be honest, a lot of what I post is poetry but there are more often than not also postings about short stories. I do try to keep this blog separate from my others and post strictly creative work here. Some of it will be better than others, and much of it is in first or second draft stage when posted. These are raw works, and there will be spelling and grammar troubles at times because I use this blog to gauge what works and what doesn't. I use it as a place to get feedback. That's the reason it is "horrible". Because it's not finished-- And why should it be? We all want feedback but most of us are too afraid to put ourselves out there.

Welcome to my word.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

xyz


xyz


how embarrassing                for you            your soul is
poking out                  I have a good
tailor:              she has a mannequin
like you a tattooed                harlequin inside.
it doesn't look that bad        your soul        kind of like an otter
its slippery in the river                     and playful
especially when wet             it drips off you
with humid passion and pools  and ices over like lace and         even though
you dress       like a frumpy prep-school
girl rebelling from dress code         but this is about your soul remember
your eyes really are that otter
your soul                    a vixen huntress       or a falconer    maybe
they share a few in-laws                  and I wanted you
to know          cause thinking about your
soul     untucked or maybe              dangling in open air                         is making me
            really hot right now  is it ok if I touch it?


©2014 Lex Vex

No comments:

Post a Comment