Formerly Badass Horrible Poetry

This isn't just a poetry blog. Let's be honest, a lot of what I post is poetry but there are more often than not also postings about short stories. I do try to keep this blog separate from my others and post strictly creative work here. Some of it will be better than others, and much of it is in first or second draft stage when posted. These are raw works, and there will be spelling and grammar troubles at times because I use this blog to gauge what works and what doesn't. I use it as a place to get feedback. That's the reason it is "horrible". Because it's not finished-- And why should it be? We all want feedback but most of us are too afraid to put ourselves out there.

Welcome to my word.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Exquisite Corpse 2. Made bySpring Creative Writing Class

Some small child is tugging at the mosses
breaking barriers and begging for attention.
Just shut up already!
Stop up your lips with glass coke bottles
your cherry chapstick lingers on my lips
and I can feel the ghostly tingle
creeping along my surfaces.
Bugs always tickle my hands
but watch out for butterflies! They're dangerous-
different in size but comparable in fear.
This poem is hard to write,
but I pry open my skull and fish for salt water
and sink into my abyss which is formally reffered to as a soul.
No soul. No guilt. No pain, And no love
Yet there's something to be said for always having hope.
But that something is said way too much.
I could think of better four lettered words
I could think of better things all together. 

©2014 Lex Vex 

No comments:

Post a Comment