Formerly Badass Horrible Poetry

This isn't just a poetry blog. Let's be honest, a lot of what I post is poetry but there are more often than not also postings about short stories. I do try to keep this blog separate from my others and post strictly creative work here. Some of it will be better than others, and much of it is in first or second draft stage when posted. These are raw works, and there will be spelling and grammar troubles at times because I use this blog to gauge what works and what doesn't. I use it as a place to get feedback. That's the reason it is "horrible". Because it's not finished-- And why should it be? We all want feedback but most of us are too afraid to put ourselves out there.

Welcome to my word.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

How to Know if You Read Right.

Help! I'm lost!
Stuck in-between the pages. My fingers are
clamped in the binding and my eyes
have been krazy-glued to the page numbers.

Help! I'm trapped!
I'm someone that I'm not-
I smolder in her anger
I am hollow with his despair.
Their love. His hate. My heart.
Empathy is a powerful thing.

Help! I'm stuck!
I cannot rip away my gaze
I know more through their printed lives
about my own
than through the beaming sun and
rippling winds around me.

Help! I'm done!
There's nothing left to read.
The dust jackets zipped
and I can no longer caress the skin
of my pages.
Suddenly I know nothing about myself.
I found myself inside a book,
but it has run away again.

©2010-2014 Lex Vex

No comments:

Post a Comment