Formerly Badass Horrible Poetry

This isn't just a poetry blog. Let's be honest, a lot of what I post is poetry but there are more often than not also postings about short stories. I do try to keep this blog separate from my others and post strictly creative work here. Some of it will be better than others, and much of it is in first or second draft stage when posted. These are raw works, and there will be spelling and grammar troubles at times because I use this blog to gauge what works and what doesn't. I use it as a place to get feedback. That's the reason it is "horrible". Because it's not finished-- And why should it be? We all want feedback but most of us are too afraid to put ourselves out there.

Welcome to my word.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Exquisite Corpse 3. Made by Spring Creative Writing Class

The cracked window wouldn't let the sunshine inside.
We're not made for tragedies or rainbows
sit back and watch in order to understand
it's a hard thing to do when you don't know what you're watching
What are you watching?
I don't know about you, but I love screens filled with fuzz;
its like trying to make sense of grey matter. When you look at it
the  clouds keleidescope and suddenly the color spectrum splits and there is
nothing but white fading fast amongst
tree tops and ladybirds and hungry ghosts
devour my soul in colors and light
watch me glow throughout the night
like a flashlight in your mouth
you choke on metal light beams.

© 2014 Lex Vex et al.

No comments:

Post a Comment