Formerly Badass Horrible Poetry

This isn't just a poetry blog. Let's be honest, a lot of what I post is poetry but there are more often than not also postings about short stories. I do try to keep this blog separate from my others and post strictly creative work here. Some of it will be better than others, and much of it is in first or second draft stage when posted. These are raw works, and there will be spelling and grammar troubles at times because I use this blog to gauge what works and what doesn't. I use it as a place to get feedback. That's the reason it is "horrible". Because it's not finished-- And why should it be? We all want feedback but most of us are too afraid to put ourselves out there.

Welcome to my word.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Ink Tar and Feather - a Villanelle


Ink Tar and Feather

I traded my soul for ink and a feather,
For damp rocky soil and molten skies:
The footsteps ring then fade and sleep

In ice crystal caverns I will conduct business
On half washed blankets soiled with cum and cries
“I traded my soul for ink and a feather”.

From balcony above, I plant a row of tree bearing citrus
That drop and whither and mold. Sweet mildew lies
As footsteps ring, then fade and sleep,

Nestled in rivers of tawny tangled mane, round bosoms perked in trust
You do not deserve. Your whispers of false love I deny
But I traded my soul for ink and a feather.

The wine soaked oak smells delicious
And spiced as the chipping blade eats another notch counting
The footsteps that ring, then fade, then sleep

I laugh that someone will find meaning in my rows of Cyprus
Once I and the aurora extinguish and die
For I traded my soul for ink and a feather
The footsteps always ring, then fade, and fall deaf. 

© 2014 Lex Vex

No comments:

Post a Comment